To create a PDF search engine, you can follow these general steps:
- Crawling and indexing: Start by crawling and indexing all the PDF files you want to include in your search engine. You can use a tool like Apache Nutch or Scrapy to accomplish this.
- Text extraction: After you have indexed the PDF files, extract the text from each file so that it can be searched. You can use a library like PyPDF2 or pdfminer to extract text from PDFs.
- Store the extracted text: Store the extracted text in a database, such as MySQL or MongoDB.
- Index the text: Create an index of the text to make searching faster. You can use a tool like Apache Lucene or Elasticsearch to create the index.
- Search interface: Finally, create a user-friendly interface for searching the indexed text. You can use a web framework like Flask or Django to build the interface.
Note: This is a high-level overview of the process, and each step can be complex and require a deep understanding of the technologies involved.